Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Distance Between Us by Kasie West Review

The Distance Between Us
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen
Source: Bought
Stand Alone
Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.
So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.
She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.




Review
I think this could have been 300 pages longer and I would have been very happy. Guys! This book was flipping fantastic. It was quite the page turner.

This tells the story of Caymen. She doesn't live the fanciest life. When a handsomely rich boy named Xander wanders into her job, he sparks her curiosity. As they become fast friends. Caymen discovers some things about her past and her future.

I absolutely adored Caymen. Her personality was fabulous. I loved her snarky humor. I loved how true to herself she was. I loved how careful she was with Xander. Can I steal Xander? That boy was drop dead amazing. I loved how sweet he was. I loved how he didn't think less of Caymen even though he was rolling in it. He was pure perfection. Caymen and Xander's relationship was too cute for words. I loved that they took their time.

This has a very unique storyline. It was very relatable. It had an amazing set of characters. I loved it so much. I couldn't put it down. It was very heartwarming. I can't think of a single thing I didn't enjoy. I've become such a fan of this author. If your in the mood for some adorable contemporary, this one is for you!

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment