Saturday, August 10, 2013

Adapting Eden by Victoria Foyt Review

Adapting Eden (Save The Pearls, #2)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Sand Dollar Press
Source: Publisher
Second book in the Save the Pearls series
*This was gifted to me by publisher for review*
In the sequel to the award-winning, dystopian novel, Revealing Eden, Eden Newman must adapt into a hybrid human beast if she hopes to become Ronson Bramford’s mate. She has no choice but to undergo her father’s adaptation experiment at his makeshift laboratory in the last patch of rainforest. But when the past rears its ugly head, Eden and Bramford must abandon camp along with their family and friends. Luckily, an Aztec tribe that has survived with the aid of a healing plant provides them with sanctuary—or is it? Too late, Eden realizes she is at the center of an epic spiritual battle between love and war. To survive, she must face her deepest fears or lose everything, including the beastly man she loves.

Review
This was insanely difficult to push through. I found myself wanting to give up and not finish it. I had hopes that the story would improve after the first book but I was terribly disappointed. 

This continues Eden's story. He's desperate to adapt and become Bramfords mate. What she doesn't realize is she is about to find herself caught in a war she may not be able to win. 

Eden was so incredibly annoying in this. Far worse than the first book. She spent most of the book either pinning for Bramford, demanding control, or obsessing from afar. She wasn't very likable as a character. By the end of the book I was so tired of her it's insane. Bramford also lacked. I didn't enjoy him as much as I did in the first book. He had a few too many secrets and beyond too much attitude. 

This had one of those story lines that had too much going on. I had a problem with that in the first book as well. It was just so hard to keep up. I'm going to be honest and say I pushed through without paying too much attention just because I wanted to be done. This had too many flaws for me to even enjoy the story at all. 

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment