Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Review: Devoted by Hilary Duff

Devoted (Elixir, #2)

Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Second book in a series
. Since Sage was kidnapped, Clea has no way of knowing if he is alive or dead. And even though she has only just discovered they were soulmates, she feels like a part of her is lost forever. What’s worse, she can’t even turn to her best friend Ben—because every time she looks at him, all she sees is his betrayal.
But waiting for something to happen is not an option, so Clea is ready for action. Suffering through dreams of seeing Sage with another woman, she makes an uneasy alliance with Sage’s enemies and sets out to be reunited with Sage...in this life or the next.

 Even though the whole reincarnation and always finding each other in each life but dying thing isn`t very original the plot of this book was different and liked that. The characters got really annoying sometimes and made some weird choices but I really liked the new characters and that it was from more than one perspective. I kind of wasn`t looking forward to reading this because I didn`t love the first one it had too much insta-love and the characters were annoying at times and sequels are almost always sad but I actually liked this book a lot more than I thought I would. I haven`t seen anything about a third one but with an ending like that I certainly hope there is one and its coming out soon!
4/5 stars

-Marissa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment