Friday, February 17, 2012

Obsidian Review


Reading Level:Young Adult
Publisher:Entangled Teen
First book Lux series 
Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is

Review
This book was seriously made for me. The whole time I was reading I kept thinking I love this book or this book is amazing. I finished it in about a day. I was depressed when it was over. I need more. Sadly I have to wait for the sequel.


The excitement starts right off the bat. We meet Katy who just moved from Florida to West Virginia. Katy finds herself living next to a pair of twins(so we think) and decides to go over and say hello. Daemon(the love of my life) answers the door and is incredibly rude to Katy. Later she meets his very nice and polite sister Dee. Katy has no idea but these twins are gonna turn her world upside down.


Katy was very easy to connect with being a book blogger. I love her snarky personality. She's human and somehow held her own with the aliens. I loved Dee she's so nice the complete opposite of Daemon. Let me just say I found Daemon incredibly hot. I absolutely adore him. He's snarky and hilarious. I knew eventually Katy and Daemon would get together. It takes basically the whole book. Even by the end they still weren't completely a couple. You can tell they like each other. I think they would be a good pair and I'm hoping they get together in the sequel.


The storyline was very suspenseful and exciting. It's impossible to guess what's gonna happen next. Jennifer L Armentrout has become my new obsession. Half blood was amazing and this was even better. I'm dying for the sequels. If you haven't read her books I highly recommend them :).
5/5 Stars
Jasmine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment